Check out these bitches.

6 Mar

My long-lost sister at pigeonheartponderings  was kind enough to include me in her top 7 favorite blogs. She is a favorite of mine, too! She was the first one I followed and to follow my blog, and I am grateful for her humor and insight. She has asked me to answer the following questions and then share some of my favorite blogs! So..here we go.

___________________

1. What is the best thing that happened to you in the last 36 hours?

My mother forced me to go to the Pennsylvania Dutch Amish market. There, among the many treats, was a hot dog in a pretzel bun. It was fucking delicious. Thank you, jesus, for inventing hot dogs. They are the reason I live.

2. What are your pet peeves?

When someone removes a bottle cap from a beer bottle and just leaves it out on the counter (hi men, this is for you). I am not a collector of bottle caps, sir, nor am I your maid. Clean it up.

3. Did you have an imaginary friend growing up or did you want one? Tell us all! When did you part ways? Was it gradual? Im so jealous! I always wanted one but never got one!

I had 2 imaginary friends. They were a mermaid and a turtle that lived in the sewer. Every day during the summer, I would bike down the street on my hot pink Huffy to the sewer drain and call down to them. The mermaid was named Adonna Rainbows and the turtle was named Turtle. Appropriate. We had lengthy conversations about all kinds of crap and we sang many songs. One might say this was before I found friends–so…basically we parted ways last November.  Naaah, just kidding, we still chat.

4. If you had the power to declare a national holiday what would you declare and why?

I’d like to declare every October 1st “kick a douchey guy day.” This also happens to be my birthday, and I’d love nothing more than to walk around seeing douche bags getting kicked. Happy Birthday to me. Feel free to spill something on his Ed Hardy shirt while you’re at it.

5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? (You have the capital for this one, don’ worry)

London, England. That place makes me think I was born in the wrong country. I could go on and on about why, but I won’t bore you.

6. What do you think of celebrity gossip?

Unless it involves naked photos of Daniel Craig, I care not.

7. What’s the theme song of your day, week, year, or life?

8. If you came with a warning label what would it be about?

Caution: May cause excitability and restlessness.

9. Favorite quote or joke that you made up?

When Will Smith walks in the snow, does he leave fresh prints? (ok fine, I didn’t make that up)

10. OCD?

Hair on things drives me absolutely insane so I walk around with a lint roller like a damn hair nazi. I torture myself by having long hair and owning a dog with long hair, too. Together we shed enough in a day to create wigs for an entire doll army.

11. Best pick up line anyones’ ever fed ya?

Guy: I was just talking to my brother and we’re wondering if you have any greek in you?

Me: No..

Guy: Do you want some?

12. Tell us something embarrassing about your brain.

Sometimes when I am out in public and there is an unexpected mirror, I will look in it and honestly think, “oh I know that girl!” and then I realize that girl happens to be me. Yikes.

___________________

Here are 5 more blogs that I enjoy. These are all wonderful ladies. Each is witty in her own way and they all inspire me. I invite you to check out these bitches:

1. sweetmotherlover.wordpress.com – Original, funny and honest. I enjoy following her life and I really feel like I am getting to know her. Yup, in a creepy way.

2. richfulllife.wordpress.com – Rachelle (like the Seinfeld episode!) recounts some very funny experiences, has great ideas, and I enjoy her local homeless man. It is likely that we were sisters in another life. Props.

3. jeandayfriday.wordpress.com – A funny mom–what I would like to be someday :-)

4. kourtneyheintz.wordpress.com – A talented, aspiring author and cool lady… as long as you don’t mention ketchup.

5. carrierubin.com – Carrie is publishing a novel this year! Congrats! She is a very funny healthcare professional gone writer. She keeps me going an I love reading about her writing journey.

13 Responses to “Check out these bitches.”

1. crubin March 6, 2012 at 12:49 pm #

What a pleasant surprise to read the latest post on one of my favorite blogs and discover my own name in it! And an equally pleasant surprise to find I am not the only one out there with a hair fettish. I’m sorry, but stray hairs are gross. Now when my family gives me grief about my problem, I can say I am not the only one.

Thanks for the kind words about my blog and for giving us yet another entertaining read. I follow all of the above wonderful blogs except the last one. And with a name like that, you know I’m going to check it out!

• La La March 6, 2012 at 1:28 pm #

Aw thanks! Hair really is gross. I buy rollers so often that I got enough points at Rite Aid to get 20% off of everything in the store through 2012. Bless them.

2. Kourtney Heintz March 6, 2012 at 1:32 pm #

I’m delighted to be one of the blogs you love to read. :) You are definitely on my list too. I adore CRubin and SweetMotherLover. Will check out these other blogs too.

BTW, I’ve done #12 and actually thought that girl is pretty then realized it was me. Does accidental narcissism count?

• La La March 6, 2012 at 1:37 pm #

Ha, that’s exactly what I do! So happy to not be alone on that one…

• Kourtney Heintz March 6, 2012 at 1:39 pm #

On Skype, My friend routinely catches me check out my eyebrows and bangs–as I am talking to him. I just don’t have that many opportunities during the day to accidentally notice myself. ;)

3. dee dee March 6, 2012 at 2:48 pm #

Oh geez…the Greek guy. I remember that night. What a goofball!

4. RFL March 6, 2012 at 3:12 pm #

Your answers to these questions are hilarious! I think I will kick a douche in your honor on 10/1 every year. The mirror one is cracking me up too. I caught a glimpse of myself in a Target mirror 8 months pregnant and thought, wow that girl could be my Twinkie lovin twin. Thanks for including me on your list! I think yours is one of the best around :)

5. D March 6, 2012 at 4:39 pm #

I am still laughing at your mirror story.

Every time I go to the “Horse You Came in On” in Fells Point, in the back part of the bar, I always think the bar is twice as wide because they have a full length mirror on the wall opposite of the bar. I can distinctly remember one time in the same night I looked over and saw myself and thought I looked familiar. Haha..

Now though, I think my memory of that bar will always be the deadly Moscato right hook to that sun-glasses wearing douchebag. Haha.. I think that tale is worthy of a future “Tales of a Charm City” entry!

6. jeandayfriday March 6, 2012 at 9:42 pm #

Completely cracking up at your hilarious answers to the above questions. I have to share the pick-up line one – it is classic! I share your love of London. I feel like somewhere inside, I may be British. I am witty, love tea time and have an obsession with the monarchy! Thank you for including me in your list of favorite blogs! I am honored and I want you to know that I adore your blog! I may have to do the happy dance now – with spirit fingers!!

7. Kyle March 7, 2012 at 8:03 am #

Reblogged this on kylemew.com and commented:
    this blog is wonderful – i strongly recommend you follow her

8. susielindau March 7, 2012 at 11:53 am #

I found you through Kyle!
    Very fun post and I will check out your picks…

9. sweetmother March 7, 2012 at 1:38 pm #

thank you again for the shoutout. i’m grateful and blushing! – sweet mother

1. Favorite Blog Q&A, Lucky 7 Game, Sunshine Blog Award « Kourtney Heintz's Journal - March 29, 2012

[...] thank you to Lauren over at Tales of A Charm City Chick for recognizing my blog as one of her favorite blogs! Wow. Smile stretching from ear to ear. As [...]