August 3, 2011

3 Aug

On August 3, 2011, Dane and I went to the beach and it was a lot of fucking fun (he hated it when I said ‘fuck’ because a “little lady in pearls shouldn’t have such a dirty little sailor mouth”).

Fuckity, fuck fuck fuck. I say it all the time now to see if he will come haunt-scold me just so we can hang out for a little bit. So far, I have had zero luck with this plan, but I do get to say ‘fuck’ a lot, so, I have that going for me.

One hour after I took this photo, we got in the water and a wave knocked me off my ass and took me down. Dane said I disappeared for a minute and when he saw me, I was rolling up the beach with seaweed in my hair and my boobs hanging out. Both of them. And what did he do? He pointed and laughed, drawing attention of other people who then all saw my heaving, washed-up bosom covered in sand. If ever there was a hearty laugh that came out of that man, it was on that day.

That night, we played Pirate themed mini golf and he said he “tried” letting me win because of the whole wave incident, but I was just that terrible at mini golf. Whatever, I was just having an off day. Afterward, we went out for dinner and drinks and I had the best scallops I have ever had in my life.

Then we got more drinks and I did the Carmen Electra Booty Shake for a group of people and then I danced to classic rock with old white trash guys while Dane laughed and then I had “just one more” and he ended up having to carry me to the car.

I guess I am telling you this because August 3, 2011 was the beginning of a great week with my best friend. It was certainly better than what I’m doing now, which is sitting on my couch with ice on my ankle because I fell under a streetlight while running last night and my shorts half fell off, revealing a single butt cheek, and then two guys laughed at me. I cried and limped myself a mile back to an empty house.

I must admit, there are few things after a good cry that are better than ice cream.

Anyway, that’s what I was doing a year ago. If you love someone, hug that person nice and tight and have a good weekend. (Dane, if you’re reading this, I don’t want to be haunt-scolded for saying ‘fuck’. You know ghosts terrify me. Miss you.)

32 Responses to “August 3, 2011”

1. Christopher De Voss August 3, 2012 at 12:59 am #

I’m sure he is shaking his head at all the fucks and laughing his ass off his cloud in heaven. Great story. Thanks for sharing.

2. gingerfightback August 3, 2012 at 1:33 am #

Brilliant – potty mouthed too. I find Mini Golf has that effect on me too.

• La La August 3, 2012 at 7:24 am #

Note to selves…never play mini golf together. The environment suddenly would become less family friendly.

3. Pete Armetta August 3, 2012 at 4:17 am #

Sweet and funny. And your body parts seem to fall out all over the place!

• La La August 3, 2012 at 7:30 am #

And only for the sake of humor. How disappointing haha.

4. Frivolous Monsters August 3, 2012 at 7:00 am #

You do paint such wonderful imagery. Nice profile picture. Liv Tyler is dead, long live… Natalie Imbruglia/Mila Kunis (?)

I don’t know if you’ve ever seen the Ricky Gervais sitcom ‘Extras’ but in the last episode of the first series (Sir) Patrick Stewart is in it and revealed to be some sort of imbecile with a script he’s written himself where he has special powers. He describes encounters with women he’d meet in the street and it always ends with “And so all her clothes fall off.”

You ever met Patrick Stewart?

• La La August 3, 2012 at 7:22 am #

Aw thanks, changed it per some advice ;-) Mila Kunis is way too pretty, you are far too kind!

I loved Extras, such a funny show. I own it on DVD. I haven’t met Patrick Stewart, but perhaps it’s something along those lines that is happening. I will keep a look out.

5. Simon August 3, 2012 at 8:04 am #

I really enjoyed this La La, the spilled anatomy and 80% chance of scattered F-bombs don’t hide the heart and emotion. I love reading things that make me feel. Well done.

• La La August 3, 2012 at 8:13 am #

Nothing gets by you, Simon. Thanks for feeling!

6. clownonfire August 3, 2012 at 8:47 am #

La La,
    You make “funny sad” touching.
    Best,
    Le Clown

7. Miro August 3, 2012 at 9:03 am #

A beautiful tribute. Thanks for sharing.

8. Madame Weebles August 3, 2012 at 11:02 am #

Beautiful post, La La. It makes me smile and get all misty at the same time. Dane sounds awesome. And he liked history and Rush, what’s not to love?

• La La August 3, 2012 at 11:26 am #

Right? Two of the best things ever. Thanks for the sweet comment!

9. Elliot August 3, 2012 at 11:54 am #

I guess as he knew you were all right, then it was funny. Better than you lying there coughing up salt water and him standing over you laughing, saying “you better cover up”, but not actually helping you to.

Bad luck on the ankle. Ouch.

• La La August 3, 2012 at 11:57 am #

He enjoyed my accidental physical comedy. I’m sure he is in heaven enjoying it still.

10. ardent and awkward in austin August 3, 2012 at 12:27 pm #

La La, this was so fuckity fuck fucking touching and funny. There, said it for you! I enjoyed it, too.

11. Sam Dolan August 3, 2012 at 2:04 pm #

Sometimes missing something so much makes it much harder to move on.

Sometimes we need to cherish all our memories, all we want … yet at the same time, let go to be able to make new ones.

• La La August 3, 2012 at 2:10 pm #

Sometimes it’s okay to make a tribute to something you’ve already moved on from, too, and to share funny memories as a way to make others smile and also serve as a reminder to love always and do our best not to take some things for granted.

• Sam Dolan August 3, 2012 at 2:14 pm #

True. and you wrote it beautifully. Thanks for sharing it :)

12. Maggie O'C August 3, 2012 at 2:14 pm #

awww sweetie, you got me all teary. But I also laughed out loud. I think it’s best that we live on opposite coasts because if we went out together no one would be safe, let alone us! Dane is watching over you and laughing. xoxox

• La La August 3, 2012 at 2:20 pm #

Well if you ever want to come and have a box of wine with me, I would be totally down for it ;-)

13. Carolina Courtland August 3, 2012 at 3:20 pm #

Aw, La La. It must hurt to remember him. Damn.

14. Carolina Courtland August 3, 2012 at 3:21 pm #

PS: I like your new pic.

15. RFL August 4, 2012 at 8:50 am #

This was beautiful and funny, and my emotions are confused. I didn’t know whether to laugh or ugly cry so I did both. Thanks for sharing!

• La La August 6, 2012 at 9:54 pm #

You’re very sweet. Thank you.