Songs for Hurricane Sandy

28 Oct

If you’re like me and ready (absolutely unprepared) to hunker down because of the hurricane, you might enjoy a little music while braving the storm before your batteries die…and you’re left all alone…just you and your thoughts by candlelight. Awesome. And hey, if anything happens to your windows and you need replacements, here’s some advice

Good luck out there. Be safe.

1. Jimmy Buffett – Tryin’ to Reason With Hurricane Season

2. Eurythmics – Here Comes The Rain Again

3. CCR – Who’ll Stop The Rain

4. Edie Brickell – A Hard Rain’s A Gonna Fall (love this version a lot)

5. The Doors – Riders on the storm

6. Bruce Springsteen – Sandy

7. Scorpions – Rock You Like A Hurricane (duh)

8. The Who – Love Reign O’er Me (see what I did there?)

9. The Cult – Rain

10. Florence + The Machine

About these ads

31 Responses to “Songs for Hurricane Sandy”

1. Christopher De Voss October 28, 2012 at 3:47 pm #

So weird to be in Florida and hurricane free for a change. Good luck. You’re pretty far inland so hopefully it will be minimal. By the way, I love The Cult.

2. davidhardingblogs October 28, 2012 at 3:50 pm #

I keep thinking of the creepy music in Wizard of Oz when the woman turns into the witch inside the twister. But are those tornadoes or hurricanes? I get so confused.

• La La October 28, 2012 at 4:27 pm #

Oh no, that’s what I will be thinking of if the power goes out….

3. Jen and Tonic October 28, 2012 at 3:54 pm #

Before I read the post, I tried to think of all the songs that you could have included on this list. I guessed 4 which is pretty bad since this is a REALLY good list. Here are my inclusions: “Running Against the Wind” by Bob Seger and “No Rain” by Blind melon.

• La La October 28, 2012 at 4:27 pm #

I love Seger!!!!! (a little somethin’ agaaaainst the wind) and I had Blind Melon but switched it out for Sandy. :-)

• Jen and Tonic October 28, 2012 at 6:23 pm #

Good call! I literally listened to each of those songs, and now I feel like I should be in a hurricane. Stupid West Coast.

4. The Bumble Files October 28, 2012 at 3:58 pm #

I hope you ride it out ok! Be safe, La La. It’s a great playlist. I love that Cult song, too. I haven’t thought of that one in ages!!

• La La October 28, 2012 at 4:25 pm #

Awesome :-) and thank you!

5. calahan October 28, 2012 at 4:06 pm #

Is the storm actually going to hit where you’re at?

6. Carrie Rubin October 28, 2012 at 4:28 pm #

Great song choices. Loved that you threw in a Scorpions tune. Hope you don’t get pummeled too hard by Sandy.

7. Random October 28, 2012 at 4:41 pm #

Nice list! Here’s another:

(“Rain” by Concrete Blonde)

Stay safe!

8. Le Clown October 28, 2012 at 4:55 pm #

La La,
    My first thought was The Cult’s Rain too… Kudos.
    But as I like Stephanie Seymour smoking in November Rain, I must mourn its absence here…
    Le Clown

9. mikeakin1 October 28, 2012 at 4:59 pm #

Thanks for the new play list. :) Be safe my friend!

10. JWo October 28, 2012 at 6:14 pm #

Hope you stocked up on booze… and batteries… ;-)

11. Love and Lunchmeat October 28, 2012 at 6:55 pm #

I don’t listen to nearly enough Eurythmics! Stay safe La La!

• La La October 28, 2012 at 6:56 pm #

Get on that. Thank you!

12. workspousestory October 29, 2012 at 5:14 am #

Ah, The Doors…. one of the best tunes ever. Hope it’s gonna be fine :/

13. Doggy's Style October 29, 2012 at 5:46 am #

Eurythmics rocks.
    I hope this is another Irene,

14. gingerfightback October 29, 2012 at 6:23 am #

Just been on the news over here about the Hurricane – Best of luck with it. Saw The Cult live years ago – apart from Rain and Sanctuary they were woeful! Keep Rockin’

15. becca3416 October 29, 2012 at 11:18 am #

We have hurricane parties in Louisiana. It’s like one big dark drunken sleep over with barbecuing and stupid decisions. It doesn’t matter how you act when death may be imminent, right? This playlist would be a hit!

• La La October 29, 2012 at 8:30 pm #

Good thinking, lady. I shall have a party (with more of this tequila I found).

16. The Hook November 2, 2012 at 6:26 pm #