Stuff on a Plane

12 Nov

image

The following haiku was inspired on a recent flight when the woman sitting next to me gave the flight attendant the finger:

Stay Wild

ripped jeans, snake-skin heels,
rocking that Joan Jett mullet.
doesn’t. give. a. fuck.

And now I shall present my SkyMall favorites from this particular trip (it changes every time):

image

From the creators of vajazzles and pejazzles, BootDazzles!…but this time with feathers.

Finally, my favorite of all the SkyMall gems–Hiccup Stick. It’s a stick. For hiccups.

image

OR just hold your breath.

Here is a video of testimonials for Hiccup Stick. Ladies and gentleman, I invite you to please keep in mind that it is a friggin’ STICK.

So what you’re saying is that I could go into my backyard RIGHT NOW and collect some sticks and sell each for $6.99 because of the hiccups? You’re joking. I’m wasting my life here, trying to make something of myself. Screw writing. Hiccup Stick, I am your new competitor. People, I will hunt you if you choose Hiccup Stick over my stick. I will sell my personal stick to you for one dollar cheaper, deliver it in my bathing suit to your front door and if you’re hot, for $4.00 extra I will give you a kiss on the cheek. Bonus feature? My stick was created by THE LORD GOD OUR SAVIOR. Just imagine, the Holy Trinity up in your mouth, helping you get rid of the hiccups.

I accept all major credit cards. Buy NOW.

50 Responses to “Stuff on a Plane”

1. Christopher De Voss November 12, 2012 at 2:52 pm #

It’s a stick! And to make it more complicated, you have to drink water through it! I’ll sell you a brick that you put in your mouth and have to spoon jello through to cure balding. And I’ll sell it to you while wearing La La’s bathing suit to boot!

2. jayne ayres November 12, 2012 at 2:52 pm #

Yeah LaLa, but you get 3! 3 sticks for 19.99! ( plus tax and shipping of course). I have to say thank you for making the item code SO clear that I can order them right away!

• La La November 12, 2012 at 3:01 pm #

1 stick is all you’ll never need. I swear!

• jayne ayres November 12, 2012 at 3:04 pm #

but I need one for traveling, maybe guests, I don’t know. I may have to do some survey to cover all my bases on the exact number necessary. I haven’t had hiccups in years but I don’t want to be caught off guard man!

3. becca3416 November 12, 2012 at 3:48 pm #

I am convinced that the merchandise in Skymall is as bizarre as it is to distract people from realizing they are 10,000 feet from the ground.

• La La November 12, 2012 at 4:08 pm #

Once I’m above 30,000 feet you best be showing me ridiculous stuff. Good call.

4. Dee Dee November 12, 2012 at 4:08 pm #

Bootdazzles and hiccup sticks….my life is complete. Could you please deliver the hiccup stick that God made to my door, while wearing a bathing suit. I have cold hard cash and will pay extra for the cheek kiss. Bonus: you can walk to my house!

• La La November 12, 2012 at 4:10 pm #

I will be there around 7. Need some whiskey before walking in my bathing suit to your house. $5.00 more and I’ll remember your Marilyn dress.

• Dee Dee November 12, 2012 at 4:12 pm #

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

5. The Hook November 12, 2012 at 4:28 pm #

Great work!

6. Carrie Rubin November 12, 2012 at 4:41 pm #

“Here’s a little something for all those folks planning to be alone for the rest of their lives.”—Thank you. I needed that laugh.

And as for the woman who flipped off the flight attendant? Real classy. Then again, what does one expect from a mullet head?

• La La November 13, 2012 at 7:45 am #

Exactly. She was mad she couldn’t get another coffee. Who knows what she does when she’s actually mad!

7. Andrew November 12, 2012 at 11:04 pm #

“Holy Trinity up in your mouth!” I’m going to go back to church for just one Sunday to say that to someone.

• La La November 13, 2012 at 7:43 am #

Do it, and please tape it!

8. Maddie Cochere November 12, 2012 at 11:42 pm #

Everything made me laugh here. This is one crazy post. Great haiku, Christmas present ideas, and the image of you and Chris roaming the streets in your bikinis with your hiccup sticks. Now all you need are handy carrying tubes (yeah, I watched the entire commercial).

• La La November 13, 2012 at 7:43 am #

Hopefully you didn’t read this before bed and have a dream along those lines haha.

• Christopher De Voss November 14, 2012 at 8:32 am #

On my way to your house Maddie. Be warned, La La’s bathing suit doesn’t fit me properly.

9. workspousestory November 13, 2012 at 4:15 am #

What the hell?! You don’t get to buy shoes on European flights… :/

• La La November 13, 2012 at 7:42 am #

Girlfriend, come visit me in Florida and we’ll get you some bootdazzles!

• workspousestory November 13, 2012 at 7:44 am #

That’s a deal.

10. gingerfightback November 13, 2012 at 4:21 am #

Only in America – just started watching The Wire – do you really live there? I suspect a hiccup stick wouldn’t deter Omar et al.

• La La November 13, 2012 at 7:40 am #

Yes. If only Omar et al. came up with the hiccup stick and bootdazzles. Baltimore would then have much less crime and HBO would have a much different show.

• gingerfightback November 13, 2012 at 11:08 am #

You should run for Mayor – you’d get my vote – rope that dodgy boss of yours in as well – what a ticket!

11. David Stewart November 13, 2012 at 5:56 am #

I think they’re banking on the fact that if people are bored enough, they’ll buy anything. I’m pretty sure the only stick that stops hiccups instantly is called a gun and that is guaranteed effective.

• La La November 13, 2012 at 7:37 am #

Depending on the length of a flight, perhaps I would buy anything. Good point.

12. davidhardingblogs November 13, 2012 at 6:35 am #

And the Lord God smote thee sinners with yon hiccups. Not once, not twice, but thrice. And the Lord our Lord spaketh unto me, saying, ‘Sonny Jim, I giveth the sinners hiccups so therefore so to let LaLa make a boot load of cash. Shh! Don’t telleth anyone.’ And so I did maketh the call to famed merchant LaLa and yea, verily, the long stick thing arriveth and cureth me. Praiseth the Lord! And then I went on a flight just to buy frilly undies.

• La La November 13, 2012 at 7:35 am #

Thus, David Harding took a plane and bought frilly undies to his heart’s desire. God saw all that he had made, and it was good.

• davidhardingblogs November 13, 2012 at 2:28 pm #

If you ever saw me in my frilly undies you’d call it good too. Uh huh, yeah.

• La La November 13, 2012 at 3:06 pm #

Here’s hoping they’re hot pink!

13. Doggy's Style November 13, 2012 at 8:21 am #

You gotta love the drama and good acting on those videos.
    Those boots….

14. isawbobdylaninaspeedo November 13, 2012 at 9:30 am #

hahahahahaha! I think you should show up in your bathing suit AND the bootdazzles. THERE’S you ticket sister!!! LOVE JOAN JETT MULLETS!!

• La La November 13, 2012 at 11:25 am #

Oh my god, bathing suit and bootdazzles is genius. This might be a new beach style!

15. Love and Lunchmeat November 13, 2012 at 11:11 am #

Ankle boots make my legs look like midget stumps. Of course, now my midget stumps could be all feathered and fancy.

• La La November 13, 2012 at 11:24 am #

Hahaha I’m cracking up!

16. The Bumble Files November 13, 2012 at 1:24 pm #

La La, I think you have a shot at this! Maybe you can just use old popsicle sticks. No one will know the difference.

• La La November 13, 2012 at 2:21 pm #

I like your thinking….but I don’t eat enough popsicles, but I have a popsicle party, I’ll be golden!

17. Lafemmeroar November 13, 2012 at 2:20 pm #

LMAO on your caption of the “Squirrel Whisperer”! Who needs a hiccup stick when a good SCARE is all one needs … and it’s free!

• La La November 13, 2012 at 2:23 pm #

EXACTLY. I can also be hired to scare people.

18. Jen and Tonic November 13, 2012 at 6:41 pm #

BAHAHAHA! I’m really jealous that those items weren’t in the SkyMall magazine I had. They’re just mixing it up with all sorts of crazy shit.

• La La November 14, 2012 at 10:18 am #

Holiday edition, sister. I’m telling you.

19. jennigreenmiller November 14, 2012 at 10:36 am #

The HOly Trinity up in your mouth… that’s got to be the best marketing slogan I’ve ever heard.

20. calahan November 14, 2012 at 2:39 pm #

The nanotechnology involved in the hiccup stick is almost unreal. Hello, Future! We are here!

21. The Fat Girl Running December 4, 2012 at 4:37 pm #