Thankful in 2012

21 Nov

2012 has been a challenging year for everyone I know, and I think we have all grown a lot because of it. I am thankful for this growth. I am also thankful for these other things:

1. Hot dogs.

2. The power-ups Christopher De Voss gives me throughout the day. He’s 900 miles away, so I don’t even know how he does that. We’re like magical and stuff.

3. Magic and stuff.

4. Anything that eats spiders because I do not like those guys.

5. My budding hula hooping talent that will someday make me a vaudeville circus star.

6. That I never break my nose when I’m lying in bed and drop my phone directly on it.

7. My milkshake and the superabundance of boys it brings to the yard.

8. The roof over my head and the candy on my plate.

9. Laughter caused by Twitter. I can’t believe those people give that degree of funny away for free.

10. This surfing alpaca.

What are you thankful for?

About these ads

26 Responses to “Thankful in 2012”

1. Cakes and Shakes... November 21, 2012 at 3:11 pm #

LOL @ #6, I feel ya!

• La La November 21, 2012 at 3:27 pm #

It hurts!

• Cakes and Shakes... November 21, 2012 at 3:29 pm #

Though sometimes I wonder if it fell really hard, if I would have a legitimate excuse to get rhinoplasty then, because I have a morbid fascination with getting a secret identity…

• La La November 21, 2012 at 3:42 pm #

Hold it up just a littttle bit higher next time.

2. Christopher De Voss November 21, 2012 at 3:17 pm #

Awwww, baby. Thank you for turning my 2012 around. You’re my puzzle piece.

• La La November 21, 2012 at 3:41 pm #

No, thank you. And you’re mine!

3. Lori DiNardi November 21, 2012 at 3:42 pm #

I’m thankful for the hot, vanilla chai I’m sipping as I read your quirky, witty thankfulness. :-) Happy Thanksgiving La La.

• La La November 21, 2012 at 3:47 pm #

That sounds SO delicious. Happy Thanksgiving to you too, Lori!

4. Carrie Rubin November 21, 2012 at 4:05 pm #

All good things to be thankful for. I’m thankful for that big Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory peanut butter cup I just ate. And I’m thankful for not feeling guilty for doing so thanks to my power workout earlier. And I’m thankful for bloggers like you who make me laugh. :)

• La La November 21, 2012 at 4:09 pm #

Thank you! That sounds yummy. You people are making me hungry. Except I haven’t had my workout yet…

5. Storkhunter November 21, 2012 at 4:21 pm #

I’m completely with you on the spider thing. Those creepy bastards are the bane of my life

• La La November 21, 2012 at 4:44 pm #

Especially when you can see their little fang marks on your skin!

6. The Bumble Files November 21, 2012 at 7:15 pm #

I like #2. I know that’s weird, but I think you guys are magic together. #10 rocks! I bet he’s having a blast.

• La La November 21, 2012 at 9:54 pm #

It isn’t weird at all! Thank you so much! That’s very sweet (and I can’t wait to tell you more about it).

7. davidhardingblogs November 22, 2012 at 3:55 am #

Wow! Great pic! Is that what they call a hoop skirt?

8. davidhardingblogs November 22, 2012 at 3:58 am #

I am thankful for the word thankful. If we didn’t have that word we couldn’t say we were thankful for anything! We’d just be all like, “Ice-cream good. Me good like vanilla chai latte. You me magic time.”
    See what I mean?

9. Love and Lunchmeat November 22, 2012 at 4:18 pm #

I’m grateful for pumpkin pie, healthy kids, a great husband, and friends who make me laugh. I also really like free wifi.

10. Andrew November 22, 2012 at 5:09 pm #

Whoa, whoa, whoa. You eat your candy on a plate? Fancy!

• La La November 22, 2012 at 5:19 pm #

I am fanciest when it comes to candy.

• Andrew November 22, 2012 at 5:20 pm #

I will now only eat Reeses’s pieces on a plate.

11. Maddie Cochere November 25, 2012 at 3:22 am #

Hot dogs number one, and I think you’ve mentioned them before. What toppers? Coney sauce, sauerkraut, onions, etc.? … Please don’t tell me hot dogs was a euphemism.

• La La November 25, 2012 at 2:21 pm #

Ketchup. I am not a picky gal. No euphemism…

12. Jen and Tonic November 30, 2012 at 2:16 am #

I thought you were taking a hiatus, and then realized WordPress stopped sending me notifications for your blog. Assholes.

I’m thankful I found this out so I could correct it.