Yeses to these Dresses

27 Nov

I am really looking forward to the 2013 Spring/Summer wedding season because it will be alive with romance, vibrant colors and unique ideas. How exciting!

If your future husband is like most of the guys I’ve met, he may not have any wedding preferences at all whatsoever. While some women find this frustrating, I believe it presents a wonderful opportunity for you to explore your creativity. However, if you are crunched for time, consider one of these trendy, glamorous ideas that will delight guests and make your wedding a day you and prince charming will never forget!

Hot pink ball gowns will make for lovely, flawless photos

Light blue and Tinkerbell green are a bride’s fairytale dream

Guests will squint when setting their eyes upon blondes in Barbie pink and canary yellow

Your bridesmaids will look exquisite in this hot pink clusterfrig

A majestic headpiece will wow your guests

Be a blushing winter bride in a fancy ice queenish headpiece

I AM SO DOING THIS

About these ads

64 Responses to “Yeses to these Dresses”

1. rheath40 November 27, 2012 at 4:14 pm #

I personally love the light up dress. WTF were these people thinking?

• La La November 27, 2012 at 4:17 pm #

I don’t know, but I’m happy they thought it!

• rheath40 November 27, 2012 at 4:19 pm #

La La if you ever wear a dress like that at your wedding I’m going to spank you. Hahahahahahahahahahaa!

2. Dee Dee November 27, 2012 at 4:25 pm #

Light up dress is a go. You could go a step further and use black lights and we can use glow in the dark make up. Oh the possibilities.

3. becca3416 November 27, 2012 at 4:25 pm #

Where do you find such elegance? I think I just re-evaluated my whole I’m-not-getting-married perspective.

• La La November 27, 2012 at 5:56 pm #

My big fat gypsy wedding it’s called. Trust me you’ll reevaluate it anyway and then we can try to find a place that makes that stuff!

4. rebecca2000 November 27, 2012 at 4:34 pm #

OMG I think I know the girl in the second to bottom picture. If not she is her doppelganger. The things people do to themselves.

• La La November 27, 2012 at 6:01 pm #

I was worried “somebody would know somebody” and it would get awkward. Tell her I thought she looked TRULY lovely.

5. Carrie Rubin November 27, 2012 at 4:48 pm #

Those women in the pink dresses are all set to do a Flamenco dance after the wedding. Nice to see them multi-tasking.

6. calahan November 27, 2012 at 6:50 pm #

Lights in a gown are fine, I guess. A real bride, one who really cares about her magical day, would be engulfed in flames the entire day. That’s a memorable dress!

7. Peaches November 27, 2012 at 6:55 pm #

I’m pretty sure these are all from that big fat gypsy wedding show which is secretly, horribly addictive. But yes, the light up dress is pretty awesome.

• La La November 27, 2012 at 8:36 pm #

Where else could they possibly be from? Hilarious!

8. Viciously Sweet November 27, 2012 at 7:26 pm #

I think you need to do just a little more than these ladies. Like the crown can validate parking… or the gown transforms into the reception venue!
    You are so funny my fellow Lauren :)

• La La November 27, 2012 at 8:37 pm #

Hahaha, good idea, other Lauren! At one point my shoes will cure world hunger!

9. The Bumble Files November 27, 2012 at 7:26 pm #

You’ll look hot no matter what you wear, but the light up dress will truly wow them!

• La La November 27, 2012 at 8:39 pm #

Why thank you. I’ll send you the finals when I narrow them down.

10. rollergiraffe November 27, 2012 at 10:04 pm #

Just remember; It’s not a wedding dress unless you’re bleeding from the weight of it. I learned that from My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding.

• La La November 27, 2012 at 10:10 pm #

…which is an amazing motto I will use when dress shopping!

11. Cathy Ulrich November 27, 2012 at 10:39 pm #

I especially like the hats – or whatever those things are – on the ladies wearing the hot pink ball gowns. And those gowns! That’s a lotta tulle!

12. Maddie Cochere November 28, 2012 at 12:16 am #

Pink and yellow are my two favorite colors. Put them together and you get that hot mess of the yellow/pink dresses up there. Eyes may bleed, but I would have to go with that. The light up dress is pretty cool. Good research, La La!

• La La November 28, 2012 at 7:28 am #

Gracias. I should probably be using these skills for something much more useful, no?

13. davidhardingblogs November 28, 2012 at 5:58 am #

What the heck is a clusterfrig?
    – Confused boy (me).

• La La November 28, 2012 at 7:27 am #

A clusterfrig is what happens when you want to say “clusterfuck,” but you know your mom reads your blog and has ruined EVERYTHING.

*marches to bedroom, slams door*

14. Le Clown November 28, 2012 at 7:49 am #

La La,
    You are a woman of exquisite taste, like Snooki. But only better. Like if Snooki would have a love child with Tara Reid. David Hasselhoff knows this. He has exquisite taste too: he is so into Jen Tonic.

What dress would I choose… None of the above. Could you find a dress that would be something of a cross between what a Furrie and a Bronie would wear?
    Le Clown

• La La November 28, 2012 at 7:57 am #

You’re picky, but since you’re coming to my wedding, I will ask at each shop to find just that…a cross between Furrie and Bronie. You truly are Magnificent™.

• Le Clown November 28, 2012 at 7:59 am #

La La,
        I would also like to look like Snooki. It’s a lifelong dream.
        Le Clown

• La La November 28, 2012 at 8:06 am #

She is so beautiful!

• Le Clown November 28, 2012 at 8:14 am #

La La,
            We shouldn’t be talking about Snooki this early. When we reach such great heights so early on, there is nothing left to look forward to in a day…
            Le Clown

• La La November 28, 2012 at 8:18 am #

If you feel the spiral, later just close your eyes and imagine her there before you. The image will get you through!

15. Cat Forsley November 28, 2012 at 8:38 am #

You are The Cutest …………
    OMG :)
    double wedding one day ? lol :)
    xoxoxox
    C

• La La November 28, 2012 at 9:10 am #

Aw! Yes please!

• Cat Forsley November 28, 2012 at 9:13 am #

Should we start planning now :) Lol :)
        are U on pinterest …? xx

• La La November 28, 2012 at 1:19 pm #

I am but I haven’t used it much yet!

16. Doggy's Style November 28, 2012 at 3:28 pm #

If I ever go drag I gotta wear something like that.
    Your post reminded me of how gypsies dress for wedding in Spain.

• La La November 28, 2012 at 3:38 pm #

Oh wow, those are something else and I see what you mean. If you ever go drag… please tape it.

17. Kourtney Heintz November 29, 2012 at 12:13 pm #

LOL. The light up wedding dress is so elegant and refined. It’s a must do! :)

18. heylookawriterfellow November 29, 2012 at 12:18 pm #

Methinks the clusterfrigs needs castanets.

19. workspousestory November 29, 2012 at 1:07 pm #

Seems to me someone is hooked on My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding…

and it’s not me this time! Whew!

(strangely mesmerising, I must say…)

• La La November 29, 2012 at 2:22 pm #

Yes. Me = someone. Proudly!!!

20. David Stewart November 29, 2012 at 11:06 pm #

I think some of those bridesmaid dresses are so garish people might forget there is a bride, or at least not be able to see her. She needs something that lights up, I think.

21. Jen and Tonic November 30, 2012 at 2:03 am #

There is nothing but serious CLA$$ in all these dresses

22. Phil Gayle_For Singles and Couples November 30, 2012 at 11:30 am #

Lol! I think he would quickly develop preferences if he saw some of these dresses. ;-)
    Most men just want, in the nicest possible way, to get the ceremony done and get away for the honeymoon..
    Have a great weekend. :-)

23. Cakes and Shakes... November 30, 2012 at 11:49 am #

Once I did a post on the traditional Irish Gypsy weddings, replete with gargantuan neon dresses and awful fake tan and it was the most viewed post ever for quite some time. I think people get a kick out of seeing other people know how to throw a good party and let go of their wish to have a beige, conventional wedding.

24. stuartart December 5, 2012 at 5:05 am #

No, no, no, no, no and er, No! Is it just me then or are those dresses kinda Disney?? Maybe that’s a good thing. No wonder us blokes should stay the hell out of the way. :)

• La La December 5, 2012 at 10:41 am #

It’s so Disney, good call. I wonder if they sing…?

• stuartart December 5, 2012 at 12:13 pm #

I’m sure a lot of them ‘think’ they can. :)

25. Mari December 10, 2012 at 10:41 pm #

Surely they are colorblind, what the F – haha – thanks for the giggles.

26. Kylie January 15, 2013 at 3:06 pm #

Stunning, really.

• La La January 15, 2013 at 4:31 pm #

Kylie, I know right? I hope to sport similar colors in my own wedding someday.

1. My Unofficial Awards Ceremony « The Bumble Files - December 28, 2012

[...] say Yeses to these dresses! La La agreed we could borrow them for our party. I don’t know about you, but I’ve always [...]

2. Obligatory Search Terms Post « - January 15, 2013

[...] 4. Canary yellow bridesmaids dresses are just lovely…I hope you found what you were looking for. [...]

3. 8 Perfect Gifts for Ladies | tales of a charm city chick - December 23, 2013

[…] have a keen eye for all things unique and beautiful, as seen in my award-winning piece about dresses, and I’m about to save your life with this list of perfect gifts for ladies. […]