Something Stupid

4 Feb

This morning something stupid happened, and it doesn’t matter what or why or whatever.

I have some great friends who assisted me today and I just wanted to say thank you. You all are the reason I am going to get out of bed at some point and go to Zumba tonight to dance off the blues (and that delicious Super Bowl food from last night, YAY RAVENS). A special thanks to Simon and Scott and a special thank you to Madame Weebles who said a lot of VERY kind and wonderful things including that if she were a guy she would be banging me senseless right now. Muah! Most of all, thank you to Dina, who has always been there for me when I have a moment of weakness.

Screenshot_2013-02-04-12-14-10

Cue Independent Women by Destiny’s Child:

Next stop? I’m not sure. I have a free flight to anywhere that American Airlines flies. I chose Miami last time and this time I might go for Vegas. Where would you go?

About these ads

40 Responses to “Something Stupid”

1. Madame Weebles February 4, 2013 at 3:36 pm #

I meant everything I said, and I agree with EVERYTHING Dina said one million percent. High five, Dina.

Now go on with your bad self, lady.

• La La February 4, 2013 at 3:42 pm #

You’re the best. Seriously. Thank you, my kinswoman.

2. twindaddy February 4, 2013 at 3:37 pm #

I’m married otherwise I’d offer to bang you senseless, too. Dina’s right, you have a lot going for you. Whatever the problem is, I’m sure you’ll be okay!!

• La La February 4, 2013 at 3:41 pm #

Thanks… that means a lot I guess…haha. Men. Thanks for your words today.

• twindaddy February 4, 2013 at 3:48 pm #

Haha. You’re quite welcome.

Seriously, I’m glad to see you’re still here. And you can hit me up any time you need to vent. I hope you know that.

3. Angy Cox February 4, 2013 at 3:42 pm #

If I could fly anywhere, is head to the Big Island of Hawaii. Stay in Kona and watch the whales from the shore. I live it there, and it’s definitely a stress reliever.

• La La February 4, 2013 at 3:43 pm #

That doesn’t sound awful at all! Wow. I’m very jealous. Thank you for stopping by.

4. Cakes and Shakes... February 4, 2013 at 3:45 pm #

God, will I ever know what happened? Whatever it is, stay strong and remember that wine (and I) are your friends.

• La La February 4, 2013 at 3:47 pm #

Both you and wine are good people. Thanks lady.

• Cakes and Shakes... February 4, 2013 at 3:48 pm #

This will pass. And then, unfortunately, something else bad and undesireable will come along to replace it. But there will always be wine and friends!!! *important note: I am not drinking wine right now.

5. genericmessage February 4, 2013 at 3:47 pm #

Washington state

• La La February 4, 2013 at 3:52 pm #

Haha, Greg I tried to take a picture of myself last night like your profile picture and it didn’t work and I felt like a big dummy.

6. happyzinny February 4, 2013 at 3:55 pm #

You’re lucky to have such smart friends. Listen to them, and enjoy your Zumba!!!

• La La February 4, 2013 at 3:58 pm #

Thanks I shall try. I love me some Zumba!

7. Combat Babe February 4, 2013 at 4:01 pm #

Damn! Had I known you were in Miami we could have met up and had a day in South Beach, or North Beach where all the hippies hang out. :D

• La La February 4, 2013 at 4:04 pm #

Um I wish I had known too! We would have had so much fun!!!

• Combat Babe February 4, 2013 at 4:07 pm #

Well you might come back one day. Never say never. Haha.

8. ridicuryder February 4, 2013 at 4:11 pm #

La La,

Most of us do that downward tailspin once in a while…….actually, I can slam it pretty hard. The big thing is to be gentle with yourself…..chances are you are your own harshest critic.

Whatever you do, don’t choose Miami again…..I’m still all bruised up from what you and Big Al made me do at New Year’s eve.

RidicuRyder

• La La February 4, 2013 at 4:16 pm #

It’s true. You’re right. It’s hard not to criticize ourselves harshly while in the moment.

And ugh still trying to forget the Big Al incident.

9. Anonymous February 4, 2013 at 4:19 pm #

I love you girl! And I meant every word I said!
    – Dee Dee

• La La February 4, 2013 at 4:27 pm #

Thanks Dina. You’re a great friend!!

10. Lori D February 4, 2013 at 4:35 pm #

Hey Miss La La, you had a moment of weakness? Only one? Not fair, I’ve had three. ;-) (That’s a little hint that it’s okay to be human) Don’t know what happened, but glad you’re pushing onward. What would we blog followers do without our weekly dose of La La?

• La La February 4, 2013 at 9:15 pm #

Aw that means a lot. Thanks Lori. Time for bed. Night night.

11. Carrie Rubin February 4, 2013 at 4:48 pm #

Glad you had people to lift you up, and I certainly agree with their text messages that you posted. Sounds like Vegas may be just what you need.

12. Viciously Sweet February 4, 2013 at 7:04 pm #

I’m so sad that you were feeling bummed! Lauren solidarity girl!
    Actually I’m very concerned because I typed in “Lauren’s Unite” on google and got this: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-zAgzdp5Z59s/TjW4WVOpCEI/AAAAAAAAAT0/6WrLC3y7QoY/s1600/Viscount+Breckenridge.jpg

• La La February 4, 2013 at 9:13 pm #

Hahahaha sounds intense!!!!

13. The Bumble Files February 4, 2013 at 7:17 pm #

La La, you have soooo much going for you!! I know because I’m wise and I know the truth about things. Please don’t despair. Sometimes it is a matter of getting past a day. The next day can look a whole lot brighter. So, for today, lift yourself up by doing something for you!! Know that you are a beautiful, charming woman inside and out. Be good to yourself. You’ve probably had your zumba by now, so I hope you’re feeling better!!

• La La February 4, 2013 at 7:25 pm #

I didn’t go to zumba I ate ramen instead. Ugh.

• The Bumble Files February 4, 2013 at 7:27 pm #

No problem! Maybe you needed the rest. What about a nice bubble bath?

• La La February 4, 2013 at 7:35 pm #

My bathtub doesn’t work. Stupid.

• The Bumble Files February 4, 2013 at 9:26 pm #

Damn! How about read a good book with a glass of wine, if you’re not already in bed. I want to hear back from you tomorrow. Please tell me how you’re doing.

14. mikeakin1 February 4, 2013 at 7:19 pm #

I agree with the weebles :)

15. Sandee February 4, 2013 at 9:21 pm #

Your friend Dina’s right… You’ll get your wings back soon enough… :)

16. Cathy Ulrich February 4, 2013 at 11:13 pm #

Hope Zumba was good, Ravens Rock and so do you!

17. David Stewart February 5, 2013 at 6:14 am #

That’s awesome. Everyone needs a pep talk like that now and then.
    Does it go to Hawaii? Cuz that would be awesome.

18. gingerfightback February 5, 2013 at 9:22 am #