History of Taco Tuesday

4 Jun

In my new religion, today is an important day. It is both my duty and pleasure to share the history of this sacred holy day with the community (just imagine that Andrew of Shut Up Dad and I am at your front door and you answer and Andrew hands you an informational pamphlet and NO your passive aggressive huffing and puffing won’t get us to hurry…so listen up).

It began long ago on a Tuesday when the mists of light arose through the darkness to animate and bring purpose to the First Meeting of the First Man and First Woman at Chi Chi’s…many years prior to the Mexican restaurant’s fatal hepatitis A outbreak. As I recall, I had a birthday party there in 1993 which involved a little birthday song that rhymed “birthday” with “olé” and then they gave my fat ass some free fried ice cream and a sombrero that I still own. No one even gives out free sombreros anymore, it’s so disappointing.

I digress. Apologies.

So anyway, the First Man and First Woman went to Chi Chi’s. Unto them many tacos and margaritas were served, which assisted in joyous conversation and a fine First Meeting. Thus, the First Man and First Woman celebrated, for this was a day the food gods had made, and it was good.

The two felt a spiritual connection, one likely brought on by the warmth of the western wind…or maybe just the excess of margaritas…perhaps both. Regardless, it led them back to his place.

Shortly after they arrived, a Mayan drum song began to play out of nowhere and kissing stuff happened and soon even touching stuff happened, too. Even though the First Woman’s mother insisted that all women who sleep with men upon the First Meeting are dirty little hussies and trollops, the two spent the night together as one in bliss. This ignited an eternal fire–it’s light was the mind’s first awakening.

A wolf’s howl can be heard every Tuesday at 10:32 pm as a symbolic reminder of this magical occurrence.

In remembrance, we are called to worship on this spicy Sabbath day through taco and/or margarita consumption, writing poetry and making sweet, sweet love with a consenting partner (or hand) while playing the video below because of the intense passionate music mixed and wolf pictures.

Seriously, if nothing else, do it to the video/song. The sounds of your love-making will reverberate off the rooftops, I promise.

Anyway, have a happy, safe Taco Tuesday!

About these ads

53 Responses to “History of Taco Tuesday”

1. Karen June 4, 2013 at 2:57 pm #

I like the part with the kissing stuff and the touching stuff and the taco stuff.
    ;)

I used to work with a woman (who was a lesbian, and that’s not really relevant to the story, but it was juicy gossip) who used to go to some bar every Tuesday for “Taco Tuesday” which I guess proves that this holy day is just not celebrated at Chi Chi’s, but throughout the land.

• La La June 4, 2013 at 3:00 pm #

Ooo that is juicy gossip! Well now we know this extends throughout all the lands near and far! Go forth! Rejoice!

2. Anonymous June 4, 2013 at 3:05 pm #

I miss Chi Chi’s

• La La June 4, 2013 at 3:06 pm #

Me too, my mysterious friend.

3. Pigeon Heart June 4, 2013 at 3:10 pm #

hungry! Ima wait till 10:32 to commence festivities.

• La La June 4, 2013 at 3:12 pm #

It’s best that way if you’re going for full effect, mamacita. Start the song at 10:31, though.

• Pigeon Heart June 4, 2013 at 3:14 pm #

no, Im starting it earlier to practice my mating dance

• La La June 4, 2013 at 3:17 pm #

Hmm good idea. I’ll do the same. Maybe we can choreograph something someday or just jump around in the rain to drums.

4. rheath40 June 4, 2013 at 3:12 pm #

OMG woman you tickle me to pieces. I like your religion a lot. It must be good if it includes tequila. Giggle.

• La La June 4, 2013 at 3:13 pm #

You’re welcome to be a part of it…or just drink tequila. It’s up to you, really.

5. Daan van den Bergh June 4, 2013 at 3:15 pm #

Just never mix spicy taco stuff with hand stuff, cause then you’ll have burning stuff!

• La La June 4, 2013 at 3:18 pm #

Hahaha, EVERYONE needs to read this disclaimer. Hopefully you don’t know from experience.

• Daan van den Bergh June 4, 2013 at 4:47 pm #

Well, I have a comparable experience, involving muscle pain in my shoulders, massaging it with tiger balm and then going to take a piss — and, of course, forgetting to wash my hands.

I’m pretty sure it’s the same feeling, maybe worse. :)

6. countingducks June 4, 2013 at 3:51 pm #

Ok, I’ve no idea what this is about, but never mind all that. I’m into any religion involving cocktails

7. Rutabaga the Mercenary Researcher June 4, 2013 at 4:07 pm #

I will be celebrating every Tues and alternate Thursdays just to make sure it’s covered.

8. Anonymous June 4, 2013 at 4:11 pm #

I just want you to know that I howled and did a little dance to the music. I need to find a Chi Chi’s immediately.

9. The Cutter June 4, 2013 at 5:08 pm #

I was kinda hoping for Duran Duran’s Hungry Like the Wolf instead.

• La La June 4, 2013 at 5:46 pm #

Well that would be more than acceptable. I love Duran Duran!

10. Katie June 4, 2013 at 5:35 pm #

In my life, Tuesdays are Tickle Tuesdays… Today I killed off the president of the tickle society to potentially avoid it. (I know, you’re puking in your mouth.)

• La La June 4, 2013 at 5:47 pm #

Hahaha no worries I only gagged a tiny bit! ;-)

11. pastramibasket June 4, 2013 at 5:37 pm #

Oh man, all this taco talk today is making me crave tacos. Is it possible the wolf also represents someone who missed out on tacos and became a Were-taco-wolf?

• La La June 4, 2013 at 5:48 pm #

Yes…hopefully that won’t be you. Now get yourself some yummy tacos!

12. Lori D June 4, 2013 at 7:22 pm #

Funny. This is the format in which I wrote about the prince and the maiden’s 28th wedding anniversary on Friday. Except, I spared the readers any reference to the elder prince and maiden’s romantic life. No one likes any of those wrinkly images. ;-)
    I’m toasting to Taco Tuesday!

13. ksbeth June 4, 2013 at 8:46 pm #

this is such a lovely historic tale, should be in all the textbooks. totally forgot about the hep c outbreak too ) great post -

14. onechicklette June 4, 2013 at 9:29 pm #

Chi Chi’s! That takes me back.

15. ridicuryder June 4, 2013 at 10:02 pm #

La La,
    Can you come up with a day for non-consensual hand stuff…..preferably with pulled pork?
    RR

• La La June 4, 2013 at 10:04 pm #

This, my friend, is called an eating contest. ;-)

16. Andrew June 4, 2013 at 10:47 pm #

I don’t know what I’m more impressed with. That you also have a passion for tacos, or that you use words like “hussie” and “trollop”. When are we combining blog forces? We would need a team name of course. Wolf pack has a good ring to it, but it’s kind of played out. Just something to think about…

17. alibekasicity June 5, 2013 at 6:15 am #

Reblogged this on idealipark and commented:
    waaaww

18. David Stewart June 5, 2013 at 7:13 am #

Hm, I really want a taco. They sound so sexy now. (Of course, I just started a diet, so I’m pretty hungry anyway.)

• La La June 5, 2013 at 11:56 am #

Haha, so any food sounds sexy…I know how that one goes.

• David Stewart June 6, 2013 at 6:52 am #

Well, my wife just made Toll house chocolate chips cookies and they taste pretty sexy. She’s not helping with the diet, but hey. :)

19. erickeys June 5, 2013 at 8:35 am #

We need more free sombreros.

What initiatory rights are there in this wonderful religion of yours? If I join but not my hand can sweet love making still happen or would that be a sin?

• La La June 5, 2013 at 11:55 am #

It can happen–there’s no such thing as sin in this religion. That’s what makes us so cool!

• erickeys June 5, 2013 at 12:33 pm #

Oh, what a relief. I don’t want to be no sinner.

But, on the other hand, thinking I’m a sinner sometimes makes all my deviant sexual behavior more exciting… Maybe you should have some kind of “opt-in” on the sin question?

20. BrainRants June 5, 2013 at 10:23 am #

I may need to study this religion more. Of note, if you ever want the most awesome tacos on the planet: Taco Tia on Colton Ave. in Redlands, California. Just saying. While you’re down there, you can find an In-n-Out hamburger place and graze. You will want to buy two airline seats for the trip home, but you won’t care.

• La La June 5, 2013 at 11:54 am #

If I ever go there, I will eat said tacos in your honor!

21. Cinnwriter June 5, 2013 at 7:56 pm #

Too funny!! Used to go to Chi Chi’s in MN, years ago. I wonder if they are still around. Anyway, really enjoyed your piece!

22. Not Quite Alice June 5, 2013 at 9:42 pm #

Ok so technically it’s Wednesday as I read this and am writing this.. but YAY! My boss and I were discussing tacos today. I’m making him a taco hat now. I was telling him about this awesome homemade tacos by me. Then he was like Yay! And I was like YAY! And the was like this is so us… http://ts4.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.5031409163108567&pid=15.1
    And I was like yay! And he was like, I want a taco hat, and I was like, ok! I’ll make you one and he was like, like this? http://i493.photobucket.com/albums/rr295/emmaelaineo_photo/Taco_Hat.jpg
    and I was like.. only not so real like.
    And life was good!

• La La June 6, 2013 at 1:42 pm #

I want that hat….life really is good hahaha. Thank you for sharing this!

23. Monk Monkey June 6, 2013 at 4:51 am #

Never has a simple taco meant so much to so few.
    Viva salsa.

24. Madame Weebles June 6, 2013 at 11:50 am #

This is so beautiful. It also reminds me of a sleazebag I met at a bar many years ago who referred to lady parts as fish tacos.

25. Jen and Tonic June 6, 2013 at 4:42 pm #

I feel like I should go back and eat another taco at Jack in the Box in solidarity of this post.