A Quickie

According to my WordPress Annual Report, my most popular topics in 2013 were:

1. Stuff I did on Ambien
2. My first time
3. Young James Spader
4. Guys stripping on Skype
5. My boobs

WordPress suggests I talk more on these subjects.

I am so, so very grateful that people care about these topics, but what else could I possibly say?

Boobs? Still got ‘em. “My First Time” was actually about death, so no thanks.

Thankfully, I haven’t seen any douchey guys strip on Skype and my opinion still stands that James Spader was hot when he was young.

So…now what? Well, I guess new and somewhat interesting posts will just have to exist! Stay tuned for all kinds of titles laced with innuendo. You’re so excited right now. I can feel it.

To be honest, I would still write about whatever keeps me sane whether I had 1 view or 40,000 views in a year. It just happens to be that the latter number was more accurate in 2013, so I just wanted to say THANK YOU SO MUCH to everyone for your support. You’re awesome!

A lot of you are a bunch of pervs and I guess some of you like poetry, but I love all of you just the same and not by the one abnormally long hair on my chinny-chin-chin would I have you any other way.

Cheers! Happy New Year!

45 Responses to “A Quickie”

1. paulaacton December 31, 2013 at 10:40 am #

WordPress is trying my patience once more and refusing to load the like buttons so just want to let you know I popped by and wish you a Happy New Year

• La La December 31, 2013 at 10:53 am #

Aw thanks, Paula! Happy New Year to you!

2. The Bumble Files December 31, 2013 at 10:47 am #

Happy New Year, Lauren. I enjoy your posts no matter what they’re about. Have a great year!

• La La December 31, 2013 at 10:55 am #

You as well. Thanks for being a friend!

• The Bumble Files December 31, 2013 at 11:24 am #

Of course! You, too, sweetie. I couldn’t say much above…on my stupid phone. All the best to you. Have a splendid year. Keep fooling us with those titles!! My top search was boobs as well. I guess I should keep writing about boobs?? Or, maybe every title should have boobs in it. Or, keywords. I can just throw in “boobs” every 100 words! Just randomly.

• La La December 31, 2013 at 12:07 pm #

Throw it in more often and I swear your views will double in size. I think there’s also a cream and a supplement for that.

3. El Guapo December 31, 2013 at 10:48 am #

Happy new year!

4. Johnny Ojanpera December 31, 2013 at 10:48 am #

Happy new year La La. I always wind up in tears when I read your blog; usually laughter induced. :)

• La La December 31, 2013 at 10:57 am #

Oh phew, that’s usually what I’m going for. Keep up the great poetry. :)

5. Madame Weebles December 31, 2013 at 11:36 am #

I am in agreeance on James Spader. He was hot then. Now, not so much.

May you and your boobs have a splendid 2014, my friend.

• La La December 31, 2013 at 11:54 am #

Right? I think he was creepy-sexy back then. Enjoy snacks and champagne tonight!

6. Carrie Rubin December 31, 2013 at 12:03 pm #

I agree with you on the young James Spader. Not so much the current version, but he is pretty great in The Blacklist. Dear God I need a life…

Happy New Year, La La!

• La La December 31, 2013 at 12:08 pm #

That he is, that he is. Happy New Year, Carrie!

7. peachyteachy December 31, 2013 at 12:34 pm #

WordPress told me that I might want to follow you, so I might be following you. Maybe this is the year that I, too, am supposed to start writing about boobs. 2014: The Year of the Teacher/Boob/Food Blog.

8. Twindaddy December 31, 2013 at 12:42 pm #

Happy New Year, La!

9. Daryl and Alana December 31, 2013 at 12:45 pm #

Ahh, the computer-generated responses from WordPress. So helpful. You are such a great writer! Even your description of yourself is witty and articulate. Am jealous and inspired. =) Happy New Year!

• La La January 2, 2014 at 6:24 pm #

Aw thank you! That’s so sweet. Have a wonderful year. ;-)

10. onechicklette December 31, 2013 at 1:25 pm #

WordPress told me that my most frequent search term was ‘ryan gosling shirtless.’ So glad I spend time, you know, WRITING THINGS!!

• La La January 2, 2014 at 6:23 pm #

Forget spending time doing anything and just carrying around Ryan Gosling’s picture. Shirtless, of course. You’ll get ahead in the world.

11. The Cutter December 31, 2013 at 1:42 pm #

Maybe some of us are pervs who also like poetry?

• La La January 2, 2014 at 6:22 pm #

That’s allowed. I suppose I’m the same!

12. jackiemallon December 31, 2013 at 6:18 pm #

James Spader wore a floppy white suit rather devilishly in Pretty in Pink. No wonder Blaine was unsure whether to choose Andi over him. Happy new year!

• La La December 31, 2013 at 8:00 pm #

Best floppy white suit ever worn. ;-)

13. Kathleen December 31, 2013 at 7:16 pm #

Write more about those things if you want. I still vote for more pervy PICTURES of those things in 2014. Hahahahaha :D

Happy New Year!

14. 1jaded1 December 31, 2013 at 8:36 pm #

Happy New Year!

15. Viciously Sweet December 31, 2013 at 8:46 pm #

You my name twin are totally fabulous!
    Now I clicked on my email and want to make a post about it too it involves “the lauren way” which was one of my most popular searches. My readers are just as weird as yours!
    Happy New Year to you!

• La La December 31, 2013 at 8:52 pm #

Okay I still need to email you although I don’t know what we would draw/say. What I do know is it would involve brains and I like that. Smart, cute Laurens are the best kind. I was just telling my boyfriend about it and he agrees.

• Viciously Sweet December 31, 2013 at 9:04 pm #

Hmmm I’m going to think about it too! It has to be something silly and wonderful. And maybe it can be serialized so we can keep collaborating :)
        2014 needs to be the year of Lauren to the Lauren Power!

• La La December 31, 2013 at 9:05 pm #

Perhaps. All I know is I’ve never been a clique lady but I like the Laurens and I’ve been thinking.

16. ddupre315 January 1, 2014 at 1:17 am #

Well I am not a poetry person so I guess that makes me a perv…I can live with that. Happy 2014!

17. Russ Jones January 1, 2014 at 1:40 am #

I enjoy reading your posts! Happy New Year!

18. Bob January 1, 2014 at 9:18 pm #

Happy New Year. A few years back I got the stats roundup from WordPress and it was convinced that I was a 50 year old housewife. So don’t put too much stock into their roundup.

• La La January 3, 2014 at 3:12 pm #

You aren’t a 50 year old housewife?

• Bob January 3, 2014 at 3:13 pm #

Not the last time I checked, but you never know. LoL

19. David Stewart January 2, 2014 at 7:46 am #

It’s amazing what people tune in to read, isn’t it? One of the most popular search terms to get to my blog is “naked Korean men” or some variant, because of the post I did on public baths here. I’m sure a lot of them are disappointed by what they read. Happy New Year to you. I hope this upcoming year is awesome for you.

20. Pixie Girl January 7, 2014 at 3:52 pm #

Just realised I haven’t got my report… but yours is awesome ;) MORE BOOBS!

21. Kourtney Heintz January 11, 2014 at 6:25 pm #

LOL. I agree about Spader–very hot when he was younger. :)

22. Aravind Deepak January 18, 2014 at 4:38 pm #

Nice post.
    I would love to have your take on something I’ve written http://wp.me/p3i2IZ-1jL

23. Wonderful posts.Cheers.