Nanu Nanu

11 Aug

The inner kid in all of us learned some truly shitty news this afternoon about Robin Williams.

Despite the sadness, I have to say that watching the reaction on Twitter and Facebook this evening may be one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen happen on social media. It is clear that Robin Williams brought genuine joy and laughter into all of our lives.

Celebrities pass and we acknowledge this, but I think it was extra difficult today (for me, anyway). I’ll always remember how good he made me feel and how much I enjoyed his movies and silly voices and how fun it was watching Mork and Mindy on Nick at Nite when I was allowed to stay up while on summer vacation.

It’s difficult to learn someone so funny, who brought us all such happy memories, was suffering.

Lesson #3…we are all in this together. I was reminded of this tonight and want to thank everyone for the pictures and memories they shared about him, his life and the impact he had. Have a good night, my friends.

1IXGXMv

16 Responses to “Nanu Nanu”

1. Cathy Ulrich August 11, 2014 at 10:57 pm #

What a fabulous shot to share, La La. Robin touched our hearts in so many ways. He will be sorely missed.

Liked by 1 person

• La La August 11, 2014 at 11:00 pm #

That one seemed to captured his life well. ;-) Thanks for stopping by, Cathy.

2. Maggie O'C August 11, 2014 at 11:00 pm #

YET another reason for me to love you. I have so much to say on this but one thing… this is one of the few celebrity deaths that caused me to tear up. He was an honest, broken and gifted man. RIP.

• La La August 11, 2014 at 11:05 pm #

Aw thanks. Same here with the tearing up, it kind of surprised me. He really was a great dude. Have a good night, Maggie!

3. Bob August 12, 2014 at 12:48 am #

I was completely shocked when I heard the sad news tonight. Depression is a real and very misunderstood condition. It’s hard to know what pushed him over the edge but one would imagine that this was something he had struggled with for a long time.

To be almost universally adored and yet feel so alone and desolate is almost a perfect dichotomy. I’ve never seen this amount of outpouring of Facebook grief before.

It makes me wonder, if he could have held on a day longer if he had known how much the world is missing his frantic chaotic light right now?

Just sad.

Liked by 2 people

• La La August 12, 2014 at 8:25 am #

Agreed, and I imagine he did as well. Thank you for sharing my post.

4. Bob August 12, 2014 at 12:53 am #

Reblogged this on Exploring Winnipeg and Beyond. and commented:
    Sad and shocking, but a wake-up call to the reality of depression.

Liked by 1 person

5. gingerfightback August 12, 2014 at 2:08 am #

He made us laugh

6. purplemary54 August 12, 2014 at 2:31 am #

I gotta admit, I felt a little old when you mentioned watching reruns of Mork & Mindy. I remember watching it first run. Nanu-nanu.

• La La August 12, 2014 at 8:24 am #

Well you saw him through it all, then. Lucky you.

7. Carrie Rubin August 12, 2014 at 5:55 am #

Very sad for sure. It’s heartbreaking he saw no other outlet.

• La La August 12, 2014 at 8:22 am #

Comedy being a great outlet.

8. David Stewart August 12, 2014 at 7:11 pm #

It was a tragic shock. Thanks for your post.

9. theclocktowersunset August 20, 2014 at 6:53 am #

What a shock indeed, I saw someone say, “if he could of held on for one day longer”. Makes you wonder how many times he was in the same place and did manage to hold on for one more day longer. Or anybody else for that matter, anybody one encounters throughout the day, they may have been grasping at straws just hours earlier.