Lesson #18 – Stay Creative

25 Sep

It isn’t always easy, is it? Thankfully, I’ve learned that to stay creative I need to:

1. Surround myself with creative people.

2. As I said in my last post, go places and watch people.

3. Collaborate.

1. Write ideas down when I have them.

2. Never force it!

I’m sure there are plenty of others, but those are at the top of my list. Feel free to share the ways you stay creative!

Advertisements

12 Responses to “Lesson #18 – Stay Creative”

1. David Stewart September 25, 2014 at 2:16 pm #

I couldn’t agree more. Creativity can be contagious. If you look at the world in a different way every day, maybe it will be.

Liked by 1 person

2. Carrie Rubin September 25, 2014 at 2:52 pm #

Writing things down is so important. I’ve lost too many ideas by thinking I could remember them. So that’s definitely something that works for me, too.

Liked by 1 person

• La La September 25, 2014 at 3:01 pm #

Definitely. Especially while falling asleep at night. I think to myself, “I’ll remember when I wake up” and never do.

• Carrie Rubin September 25, 2014 at 3:04 pm #

Yep. And during exercise. New ideas come to me all the time when I work out. Probably the extra blood flow to the brain. I now keep a notebook and pen around while I exercise, though it’s a pain to pause my exercise DVD.

• La La September 25, 2014 at 3:05 pm #

Hahaha, so true!

3. calahan September 25, 2014 at 5:30 pm #

Even if you’re just writing notes or a grocery list, never let a day go by when you don’t write. That’s just me, though.

• La La September 25, 2014 at 5:34 pm #

Agreed. It’s kind of like a process that needs to happen. Hope you are well!

• calahan September 25, 2014 at 5:50 pm #

I am, thank you. You are, too, I hope. 🙂

4. Trent Lewin September 25, 2014 at 9:34 pm #

You forgot “drink scotch like a barnacle cuddled in a peat blog”. For shame. There’s nothing like a little sauce to get the juices flowing. Also to help you pass out. For instance…

Liked by 2 people

• La La September 26, 2014 at 12:29 pm #

I can’t believe I forgot that. Oh my god. Well, I’m meeting a fellow blogger tonight for drinks. Perhaps we will get our creative juices flowing!

• Trent Lewin September 26, 2014 at 9:57 pm #

Crap… I meant “bog”, not “blog”.

Hope the drinks were good.

5. Amy Reese September 30, 2014 at 7:07 pm #

And my favorite, “Give yourself grace.” Kind of like yoga…this is where your body is today. The same can be said for the mind. Some days I’m ticking, other days, not so much!

Comments are closed.