How I Became Katniss Everdeen

2 Apr

It is probably for the best that I did not read “The Hunger Games.” Just when I thought I was becoming more of an adult, Hollywood has offered me another chance to live entirely inside my imagination as a badass heroine–and this time it is Katniss Everdeen (for those of you who don’t know, The Hunger Games are an annual event in which one boy and one girl from each of 12 districts are selected by lottery to compete in a televised battle in which only one person can be left standing).

Thoughts I had throughout the movie leading up to me becoming Katniss Everdeen:

1. Teenagers killing each other? I am not so sure I want to see this film.

2. My, my, who is this fine man they have brought before me as Gale Hawthorne? Liam Hemsworth you say? Let us wed.

3. Peeta…I guess we can make out. Hands stay above the waist.

4. Woody Harrelson is in this? He asked for my number one time. It was funny.

5. Lenny Kravitz? Is that you? I need that gold eyeliner.

6. Woah. A lot of teenagers just died. Cool.

7. I want the Katniss braid. I hope one of my hairstylist friends will make this happen–hint hint.

9. I need to take archery lessons so I can be Katniss Everdeen.

10. Peeta, you’re growing on me. You can do me if you want.

11.I really could do all of these things, how am I not Katniss Everdeen?

12. No, wait–I feel it. I already am Katniss Everdeen.

Thanks, Hollywood.

Advertisements

19 Responses to “How I Became Katniss Everdeen”

1. Kyle April 2, 2012 at 11:28 am #

now i simply have to go see this – hope peeta is as hot as he sounds

2. Someone April 2, 2012 at 11:47 am #

I just saw this this past weekend, in Los Angeles to boot! But the entire time I was thinking similar thoughts. …Though I’m not too sure if I’ll ever be Katniss, even if I wanted to, all the close-ups had me thinking for a minute I was her…

• La La April 2, 2012 at 12:12 pm #

Perhaps we will always be 17 at heart 😉

3. Kyle April 2, 2012 at 12:20 pm #

Reblogged this on kylemew.com and commented:

now i really must go and see this

4. crubin April 2, 2012 at 12:22 pm #

I think you are a perfect Katniss. And I’m pleased to see you decided to give Peeta a go. What he lacks in stature he might atone for in other areas. And now try to pretend that didn’t just come from a middle-aged woman…

• La La April 2, 2012 at 12:23 pm #

Ahahaha you crack me up.

5. ~Robin~ April 2, 2012 at 7:11 pm #

I wanna see this so bad… but I already bought the books, so I HAVE to read them first!

• La La April 2, 2012 at 7:18 pm #

Do it! I will read too. I am off this week so I have time to get lost in books

• Jillian April 3, 2012 at 12:38 pm #

Oh man, you have to read the books! I haven’t seen the movie yet (definitely quote on ‘yet’!!) but the books were like a great cookie! You just couldn’t stop once you’d started! ^.^

• La La April 3, 2012 at 7:03 pm #

I’m on it!

6. Kourtney Heintz April 2, 2012 at 9:07 pm #

I just finished the book. FAN Freaking tastic.I ❤ Katniss! I couldn't do anything for 24 hours except read the damn book though. Can't wait to see the movie.

7. wordsofunwisodm April 2, 2012 at 9:15 pm #

You should read the books! I’m almost an adult(24) also should do adult things but I just I can’t help it 🙂 The books are WAY better than the movie, although the movie was well done, I enjoyed it! (great casting!)

8. themadgayman April 3, 2012 at 9:14 am #

Loved the books. And I wanted to be Katniss too, but I don’t think a chubby gay guy could really pull it off. But damnit, I want to try. Peeta definitely grew on me but Josh Hutcherson… He’s just one of those up-and-coming actors that I cannot stand to look at. Now, Liam Hemsworth, the hawt brother of the already hawt Chris Hemsworth (who is THOR by the way)… Cover him in glitter and my load will have already been wasted. JUST SAYING!

9. bowzerscastle April 4, 2012 at 1:10 pm #

i had the same thoughts as 1,2,4,5,6,7,9 (except woody never asked for my number)
    i did not have the same thoughts as 3,10,11,12 – peeta doesn’t do it for me!
    lets get those braids, stat.

10. sweetmother April 9, 2012 at 3:23 pm #

i feckin’ loved that movie. but, you must, must read the books. they’re even better. two best women characters in recent history — elisabeth salander and katniss everdeen, hands down, no contest. unbelievable reads and solid movies. – sweet mother

11. Simon April 30, 2012 at 3:33 pm #

“let us wed” great post, I love when one line jumps out and cracks me up.

• La La April 30, 2012 at 3:39 pm #

haha thanks. I saw the movie at the drive-in and when I saw him I yelled LET US WED in my car…figured I should use it.

Comments are closed.