It is probably for the best that I did not read “The Hunger Games.” Just when I thought I was becoming more of an adult, Hollywood has offered me another chance to live entirely inside my imagination as a badass heroine–and this time it is Katniss Everdeen (for those of you who don’t know, The Hunger Games are an annual event in which one boy and one girl from each of 12 districts are selected by lottery to compete in a televised battle in which only one person can be left standing).
Thoughts I had throughout the movie leading up to me becoming Katniss Everdeen:
1. Teenagers killing each other? I am not so sure I want to see this film.
2. My, my, who is this fine man they have brought before me as Gale Hawthorne? Liam Hemsworth you say? Let us wed.
3. Peeta…I guess we can make out. Hands stay above the waist.
4. Woody Harrelson is in this? He asked for my number one time. It was funny.
5. Lenny Kravitz? Is that you? I need that gold eyeliner.
6. Woah. A lot of teenagers just died. Cool.
7. I want the Katniss braid. I hope one of my hairstylist friends will make this happen–hint hint.
9. I need to take archery lessons so I can be Katniss Everdeen.
10. Peeta, you’re growing on me. You can do me if you want.
11.I really could do all of these things, how am I not Katniss Everdeen?
12. No, wait–I feel it. I already am Katniss Everdeen.