Lesson #10 – Lists About Love

29 Aug

Recently I learned that you people can’t get enough of reading lists. You love them. Like LOVE them, and you seem to love lists even more when they are about relationships/knowing if he or she is “the one” even though the majority of those lists say the exact same thing.

So here for you now, as my 10th post on my journey through 30 lessons I’ve learned before 30, I will list 10 ways I know my boyfriend is the one. However, WordPress won’t allow me to number this post…so this is a list of 10 ways I know my boyfriend is the one, but with letters of the alphabet.

All the dudes out there may want to take notes.

a. He wrote me a song and it sounds like a choir of  early 90s keyboards gone wild. And here are some of the lyrics: “You must be Harry Potter’s sister, cause the way you work that broom make a playa say mmm mmm MMMMM.” Win.

b. I’ve met my match. Just this morning he blew his nose with toilet paper and when he came downstairs,  little bits of paper were scattered throughout his mustache. For once I am not the only one embarrassing myself in weird ways all the time. This man is my equal.

c. He rids my house of unwelcome bugs and that’s great because I no longer have to pretend I just didn’t see them. This is a major step up for me.

d. He draws me neat pictures.

e. He loves me even when I post stuff like this:

onmyway

f. He drives me to work when I don’t feel well and he is, like, so strong. Muscles. Carrying all the heavy things.

g. He holds my arm when we walk across cobblestone streets instead of making fun of me and allowing me to look like a drunk baby giraffe.

h. He does great impressions (he told me to put that).

i. He makes me hot dogs and doesn’t judge me for wanting at least three.

j. HE’S HELLA CUTE.

Advertisements

26 Responses to “Lesson #10 – Lists About Love”

1. Ruby Tuesday August 29, 2014 at 8:27 am #

And it all couldn’t have happened to a lovelier lady. I’m so happy you found your One.

Liked by 1 person

2. Carrie Rubin August 29, 2014 at 9:02 am #

Sounds like a perfect match. Isn’t it wonderful how men carry everything? And they never complain about it. I call my hubs the packmule when we travel, and he’s happy to be so. Men are so awesome about that!

• La La August 29, 2014 at 9:42 am #

Gotta love the packmules, and they really don’t complain about it! Have a great weekend, Carrie!

3. SarahUncool August 29, 2014 at 10:13 am #

I’m glad to learn I am not the only one who will eat 3 hot dogs. 🙂 He sounds perfect for you.

Liked by 1 person

4. Amy Reese August 29, 2014 at 12:41 pm #

Oh, so happy for you guys. This is the best list ever!

• La La August 29, 2014 at 1:35 pm #

It is a pretty good list. 😉

5. Someone Else August 29, 2014 at 2:33 pm #

This is THE sweetest thing and yeah, according to SEO searches, people love lists! But more importantly, this makes me realize that I should appreciate my man more, although he doesn’t want to inpregnant me right away or put a ring on it; he encouraged us to live together, paid for half of my ticket to see his parents and picks up my dog’s shit almost as much as I do and he’s a total babe, so thanks for this. And, I’m super happy for you, doll!

• La La August 29, 2014 at 5:56 pm #

He sounds awesome! And I am happy for you.

6. Andrew August 29, 2014 at 4:24 pm #

I feel privileged because I get to talk to Sean whenever I want.

But I will say, I thought I was the only one that made hot dogs for my girlfriend without judgement. Even if she gets farty after. I’m going to go on letting her think that anyway.

P.S. – Please keeps this to yourself.

7. ddupre315 August 29, 2014 at 5:03 pm #

Lovely list and you kept it short. I love lists but only if they are short. My attention doesn’t stand for much more than 10 things. No not ADD just get distracted easily…Squirrel~!

8. diirrty August 30, 2014 at 12:29 am #

You forgot …
    k. He’s middle aged and from Austria.
    Oh, wait. That’s my list.

Liked by 1 person

9. Lori D August 30, 2014 at 9:46 am #

Great list. I’m so glad you put “carry stuff” and “killing bugs.” I’m not ashamed to say that I’m a dependent woman that way. My guy is the one that I can be a total dork with, and not only does he still love me, but he seems to love me even more for it. 🙂

Liked by 1 person

• La La August 30, 2014 at 3:19 pm #

You know, I think about this regularly. Thank you for mentioning it. People feel like they shouldn’t admit to depending on another person for some things and I think that’s so silly.

Liked by 1 person

10. kenthinksaloud August 30, 2014 at 7:25 pm #

Yep – sounds like he’s the one to me!

11. Maggie O'C September 2, 2014 at 7:17 pm #

This is all well and good but why does Andrew get to talk to Sean whenever he wants?

• La La September 2, 2014 at 7:28 pm #

They’re friends. With benefits.

• Maggie O'C September 2, 2014 at 10:53 pm #

Like same town friends with same town benefits/??

• La La September 2, 2014 at 11:00 pm #

Haha, friends who are both artists. I guess that’s all.

• Maggie O'C September 3, 2014 at 5:16 pm #

OK, I was really going to start feeling left out of the Charm City crowd.