Lesson #13 – Get To Know People

17 Sep

You never know what great stories people will tell you when you get to know them. Just this morning at a conference, a woman told me her brother is a famous drag queen. I then put down my croissant and quietly sipped my coffee for the next half hour while she shared some of the best stories I’ve ever heard.

So, get to know people. You might learn something new, find a job lead, or hear fabulous stories about a drag queen. It’s awesome.

Advertisements

22 Responses to “Lesson #13 – Get To Know People”

1. Trent Lewin September 17, 2014 at 7:06 pm #

That almost never happens to me.

• La La September 17, 2014 at 7:20 pm #

Getting to know people?

• Trent Lewin September 17, 2014 at 8:50 pm #

No, sorry, the meeting someone who knows a drag queen bit.

• Kathleen September 17, 2014 at 10:42 pm #

Uh, excuse me . . . . She met someone who knows a FAMOUS drag queen.

😀

• Trent Lewin September 20, 2014 at 2:25 pm #

Oh yes, sorry. That definitely never happens to me.

Liked by 1 person

• Kathleen September 21, 2014 at 3:18 pm #

HAHAHAHAHA 😀 That never happens to me either.

2. Carrie Rubin September 17, 2014 at 8:16 pm #

Good lesson, but one I’m horrible, horrible, horrible at. As you learned when I was in Baltimore…

• La La September 17, 2014 at 8:21 pm #

Well next time I find out you’re in the area, I’m just gonna show up. 😉

• talesfromthemotherland September 18, 2014 at 8:44 pm #

Wait, wait! You met Carrie… the introvert? I’m so jealous! 😉

• La La September 18, 2014 at 8:50 pm #

Oh not yet! But I will. First comes Kourtney Heintz. Oddly enough, I was just talking about you because we were discussing Figi. How weird is that?

• talesfromthemotherland September 18, 2014 at 8:58 pm #

I finally booked my trip, and I’m going to Fiji next month! (and who were you discussing me with? … she asked paranoidly)I was totally jealous that you might have met Carrie. Kourtney is always traveling– that seems much more likely. She’d be so much fun to hang out with too!
            😉

Liked by 1 person

• La La September 18, 2014 at 9:32 pm #

Wow! IT IS GOING TO BE SO FABULOUS! I was discussing it with my boyfriend, haha–we were talking/dreaming about places we would elope if we somehow got ahold of the chance. But shhh, don’t tell!

Liked by 1 person

• talesfromthemotherland September 19, 2014 at 2:21 am #

I won the airline tickets from Bucket List Publications (blog)… It’s taken a year to finally pull it off! CAN’T. WAIT!

• La La September 19, 2014 at 7:55 am #

I can’t wait to hear about it. I just gave to their GoFundMe account yesterday when I saw a post about giving away bucket list packages. ENJOY!

Liked by 1 person

• Carrie Rubin September 19, 2014 at 9:36 am #

Haha, I just saw this comment. And now I’m frightened…

3. Jayne September 17, 2014 at 11:10 pm #

People are great to talk to. When my daughter was little, and I would get into a conversation with a stranger, she would always ask me in a worried tone, Do you know them? No is all I would say and that you never know what you’ll find out talking to people. I loved this LaLa

• La La September 18, 2014 at 3:55 pm #

Just don’t talk to old men in vans, that’s all!

• Jayne September 18, 2014 at 4:50 pm #

No way! Not unless they have candy! I do have some requirements. ; )

4. David Stewart September 18, 2014 at 3:53 pm #

People are pretty amazing. You get to know something and then they drop some random comment about themselves that blows you away.

I’m sorry I haven’t been reading your blog much in the last while. But I’m back in a steady routine so you should see me around more.

5. talesfromthemotherland September 18, 2014 at 8:45 pm #

I love those spontaneous meetings…. so wonderful!

6. The Cutter September 23, 2014 at 4:32 pm #

Drag queens always have the best stories…or so I’d assume. I don’t think I’ve ever talked to one.

• La La September 24, 2014 at 12:09 am #