The Girl Who Ignored Ghosts

28 Oct

Last year was my first visit to the Baltimore Book Festival and it was also a chance to meet Kourtney Heintz, an award-winning author and blogger/internet friend turned real-life friend. We met up again for this year’s book festival.

Since her last visit, Kourtney completed and published another novel–here is the cover and review from Publishers Weekly:

amazontgwig

“By centering her supernatural world on the concept of belief, adult author Tansley (The Six Train to Wisconsin, writing as Kourtney Heintz) gives her story a complex and unusual framework, and having the formerly possessed Kat become a possessor herself, as she inhabits another woman’s body while in the past, puts a neat spin on conventional ghost story motifs.” — Publishers Weekly

The Girl Who Ignored Ghosts is a YA murder mystery at its finest, folks. This is a great time of year to read it, too. Then again, what time of year isn’t great for murder and mystery?

So Kourtney visited again this year and our adventure included more drinks and another exchange of fun ideas, talk of sweating, and of course, my two hours of questions for the author. I so admire Kourtney for having the imagination, discipline and passion it takes to be a successful author. She genuinely breathes this stuff!

I also learned she goes to Hooters with her mom, which is awesome. I don’t want to say I do nothing entertaining with my mom, but I’ve definitely never been to Hooters with her (step up your game, mom!!!).

Anyway. She had a successful visit and I hope she publishes books every year so we can hang out and I can annoy her with my questions about writing. Love you, buddy! Congrats!

Advertisements

12 Responses to “The Girl Who Ignored Ghosts”

1. David Robert October 28, 2015 at 7:20 am #

I’ll definitely check it out. Thanks!

Liked by 2 people

2. Renee October 28, 2015 at 8:45 am #

Reblogged this on A Bookish Delight.

Liked by 2 people

3. Carrie Rubin October 28, 2015 at 12:58 pm #

How fun you two got together. Kourtney’s awesome. Such a hard worker. She knows all about these book festivals I’ve never heard of. I’m going to have to start looking into them. And I enjoyed her latest book too!

Liked by 2 people

• La La October 28, 2015 at 4:17 pm #

Yes, you should definitely check them out. She knows it all!

Liked by 1 person

• Kourtney Heintz November 8, 2015 at 10:31 pm #

Carrie, part of the reason I love Baltimore is getting to see Lauren! 🙂 Aw thank you. The book festivals are really great and they happen everywhere–so there are probably several in your neck of the woods. Thanks so much. You’re next in my TBR pile. I just have to finish a book I started in July. 🙂

• Carrie Rubin November 8, 2015 at 10:35 pm #

In July? Oh you poor thing. You need a week at a beach with nothing but a pile of fiction you can read just for fun. 🙂

4. Dawn Quyle Landau October 28, 2015 at 4:16 pm #

Way to go Kourtney! The new book sounds fascinating! Thanks for sharing this Lauren.

Liked by 2 people

• Kourtney Heintz November 8, 2015 at 10:31 pm #

Thanks Dawn. I had a blast researching and writing it. Big thank you to Lauren for sharing it here on her blog.

Liked by 1 person

5. Amy Reese October 29, 2015 at 12:11 am #

Thanks for sharing and congrats to Kourtney! That’s cool you guys met up and chatted. How fun!

Liked by 2 people

• Kourtney Heintz November 8, 2015 at 10:32 pm #

Thanks Amy. I loved her blog and she’s just as fun and down to earth in person. My mom even joined us for dinner and she is a huge fan. We’re hoping to do a girls’ weekend in CT this winter. 🙂

6. Lorifed December 15, 2015 at 2:07 am #