Talk Nerdy to Me

29 Jun

While I may not look like a nerd, I have always been one at the core of my being. My inner nerd adores Shakespeare, knows the General Prologue to The Canterbury Tales in Middle English, loves video games and almost got an Elvish tattoo.

Because I am one, I have been known on occasion to fancy a nerd. I like the way their brains work. Also, many of you may not know that they are actually quite stellar in the bedroom because they aim to please and it’s easy to connect with them (perhaps this isn’t true about all nerds, but I am going on what I know and what I’ve heard).

There are several nerdy guys for whom I’ve felt the jones in my bones:

1. Liam. He’s an intelligent, lanky IT guy with an accent. He has mad sexy computer skills and a serious case of tall dick. I’d still have his babies.

2. Ben. He has super thick glasses and loves himself some Dance Dance Revolution. When the Wii came out, we played Zelda for 17 hours straight, slept, and then did the same thing the very next day.

3. Jim. He built his computer and he knows a lot about space. He used to buy me wine and talk about space for hours. It was hot. He also has a case of tall dick. He looked a lot like Anthony Edwards in Revenge of the Nerds.

4. Derek. This guy plays the violin, has a boisterous laugh and is a walking encyclopedia. He’s an IT guy in my building and sometimes I “have a problem with my computer” so he will come talk to me. He blushes a lot.

5. Ashton. He likes all things Japan and plays the flute in a video game band. Everyone loves a flutist. Also, he likes The Lord of the Rings. Bonus!

So, does any one else have a thing for nerds? Does anyone have a shirt that says “Frodo Lives!”? No? Oh, well then, me either……

Advertisements

36 Responses to “Talk Nerdy to Me”

1. crubin June 29, 2012 at 12:35 pm #

With nerds like that to choose from, why would you ever seek anything else? They’ll keep you fit and rested, maintain your technology devices, and play musical instruments while speaking Japanese. What’s not to love? 🙂

• La La June 29, 2012 at 1:29 pm #

NOTHING! Exactly.

2. pivoine68 June 29, 2012 at 1:13 pm #

I kind of like nerds too. Happy Weekend LaLa!

Bisous,
    Dawn

3. Madame Weebles June 29, 2012 at 1:13 pm #

Another nerd girl! I was a Dungeons & Dragons girl back in the day and I still love computer games, so I TOTALLY get the nerd guy thing.

Mr. Weebles isn’t a nerd per se but he has many nerdy elements that make him extra awesome. His collection of Star Wars toys, his love of Lord of the Rings, and the way he can fix computer stuff, for instance. And the way he’s freaking out over the trailers for the upcoming Batman and Spiderman movies.

All of your nerd boyz sound yummy. And I might fight you for Liam if he has an Irish accent. I can’t help it. The Irish accent is like kryptonite to me.

• La La June 29, 2012 at 1:29 pm #

I knew we would be nerd pals! Mr. Weebles sounds like the perfect kind. Is he looking forward to The Hobbit? Liam has a Liverpool influenced London accent.

The Irish accent gets me too–I lived with 3 Irish boys one summer and it was love chaos at its finest. You should ask Mr. Weebles to speak with an Irish accent all the time. I’m sure he wouldn’t mind.

• Madame Weebles June 29, 2012 at 2:13 pm #

You lived with 3 Irish guys??? I wouldn’t have gotten out much if I lived with 3 Irish guys. Talk about panty remover.

• La La June 29, 2012 at 4:49 pm #

That’s when you decide just not to wear any…

4. sweetmother June 29, 2012 at 1:41 pm #

there’s a place called ‘tek serve’ in manhattan. it’s basically a mac repair shop with apple geniuses there to help you. and i swear to you, the men are so cute (the women too) — it’s insane!!!! adorable AND they can fix your computer…i’m just sayin’. lol.

5. Frivolous Monsters June 29, 2012 at 2:47 pm #

I love your posts. I had to look up “jones in my bones” as I was reading waaay too much into that one. But tall dick?

If you’re into Shakespeare are you aware of our National Theatre who have seasons of top theatre which they broadcast around the world to cinemas so you can watch great stuff at a much more reasonable price. I don’t know if there is anywhere near you, but the list is here:

And it’s good to know about “aim to please” because that’s always been my personal mantra so good to know it’s a stereotype!

• La La June 29, 2012 at 4:51 pm #

You’re so cute. I didn’t know about this….I can’t wait to check it out! Thank you! I’m so excited.

• Frivolous Monsters June 30, 2012 at 6:55 am #

And me with a photo like the Man in the Iron Mask… I’ve seen most of their plays, the do about five or six a year, and have seen Hamlet with Rory Kinnear, King Lear with Sir Derek Jacobi, and the Comedy of Errors with Lenny Henry. All very good. And if you’re a fan of our Sherlock they had him as the lead roles in Frankenstein.

I couldn’t see a location in Baltimore so hope there’s one near enough for consideration. If not they say they’re adding more venues all the time. Definitely worth checking out if you can.

• La La June 30, 2012 at 1:10 pm #

Wow that’s great! I figured Baltimore wouldn’t have it. I was in Twelfth Night. Shakespeare rolled over in his grave that day for sure 😉

6. Andrew June 29, 2012 at 3:01 pm #

I understand this completely, and I’m sure all these boys were wicked cute. But Ashton? That name is the worst! It’s almost as bad as Hunter, or Ty. I’m sorry, that was out of bounds. In a positive note, Canterbury Tales references are all too few these days. Never stop using those.

• La La June 29, 2012 at 4:47 pm #

I shall keep the Canterbury Tales alive! Ty is an awful name.

7. RFL June 29, 2012 at 3:35 pm #

Nerds are cool 🙂

8. bowzerscastle June 29, 2012 at 4:33 pm #

my nerd plays d&d, fixes computers/tvs/etc, has a zelda tattoo, plays any new video game for days straight, has magic cards, is allergic to everything (i feel like all nerds are), and slurrs words together to pretend he’s speaking French.

• La La June 29, 2012 at 4:48 pm #

Congrats. You win! Haha

9. Bob June 29, 2012 at 5:59 pm #

My name is Bob and I am a card carrying geek.
    Great post!

• La La June 29, 2012 at 9:53 pm #

Thanks. Get it, Bob!

10. Christopher De Voss June 29, 2012 at 8:27 pm #

I read the title, and Poison’s Talk Dirty to Me started playing in my head…with the word Nerd replacing Dirty of course

• La La June 29, 2012 at 9:53 pm #

which is exactly what I was hoping for, and now I feel most triumphant.

11. Kathy V. June 29, 2012 at 9:59 pm #

My husband built our computer and turned me into a PC gamer. He’s adorbs.

• La La June 29, 2012 at 10:08 pm #

That’s sweet, and what’s even better, is that you guys live in Hampden. Life, you are funny.

• Kathy V. June 29, 2012 at 10:14 pm #

Do you also live in Hampden? For some reason I was thinking more Charles Village-ish …

• La La June 29, 2012 at 10:24 pm #

I am a block from the avenue, so yes, we live quite close indeed!

• Kathy V. July 5, 2012 at 4:36 pm #

Did you lose power? I’m only fully restored now.

• La La July 5, 2012 at 4:53 pm #

I did. Ridiculous. Mine came back yesterday. Do you have Comcast?

• Kathy V. July 5, 2012 at 4:59 pm #

Yeah, I got power back on Tuesday, but today is my first day with internet. SO. MANY. BLOGS. TO. READ. Holy fuckballs.

• La La July 5, 2012 at 5:09 pm #

Hahaha. Thank god it’s back. I can’t wait to get home and spend more time on the internerds! Good luck with the reading…there is a lot.

12. Elliot June 30, 2012 at 12:58 pm #

Sometimes I cannot tell whether you are joking or not. – If you are a game and Lords of the Rings, nerd, I presume you have seen the upcoming “Lego – Lord of the Rings” game?

• La La June 30, 2012 at 1:13 pm #

No I wasn’t joking. I read about it last week! I can’t wait.
      Also…I do have a shirt that says Frodo lives haha.

13. Sheena June 30, 2012 at 2:33 pm #

1. ❤ Elvish…I think I love you
    2. I love physically active nerds.

14. Kourtney Heintz July 1, 2012 at 3:39 pm #

I have a thing for nerds and artsy boys. 🙂 All my boyfriends have fallen into one of those categories. 😉

15. gingerfightback July 4, 2012 at 6:07 am #

As the old saying goes “A Nerd in the Hand…..”

16. ladymiryaa July 4, 2012 at 4:56 pm #

You should come to Comic-Con with me. I promise to steer you clear of the speedo blue caped wonder with the celtic symbol waxed into his hairy abdomen….ewwwwwww

17. Simon July 9, 2012 at 10:17 am #

Did I mention my name is Simon? I can also do a wicked Lucky Charms leprechaun voice but somehow I am thinking that is not the reference you were looking for. Great stuff.

Comments are closed.