Drafts

26 Nov

I am thankful today and every day for family and friends, Rod Stewart, my unusual drafts on WordPress and, excitingly, my ability to finally complete a first draft of a book. Yay!

Seriously though, my unfinished WordPress drafts are weird. There are a few pieces I’ve started that make even me curious to know what I was planning to discuss and it would seem that the common themes throughout mirror those found in Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland (meaningless puzzles, nonsense, dreams, loss of innocence and so on).

My favorite draft, and I have no idea where I was going with this, is from a year ago and it simply says, “Your smaller boob doesn’t define…”

I’m sure whatever I was planning would have been laden with award-winning thoughts and unfortunately, we will never have the pleasure of exploring the depths of such profound intellect.

So, feel free to finish the sentence. I’d love to know what you think was coming next. The only thing I’ve come up with so far is “Your smaller boob doesn’t define you.” If that’s what I was going for, would I not have just completed the sentence with the word “you?” Was I really too busy to do that? Who knows.

Otherwise, have a wonderful Thanksgiving, everyone!

turkeylurkeydoo

Advertisements

28 Responses to “Drafts”

1. Kathleen November 26, 2014 at 11:10 am #

Your smaller boob doesn’t define your other boob?

• La La November 26, 2014 at 11:11 am #

I mean, that’s true. I’m honestly just curious if there was anything else in my brain that day. And maybe there wasn’t! 😀

• Kathleen November 26, 2014 at 11:19 am #

Yeah, I hate that. — You know that when you left that, in your then mind, it was interesting or revolutionary enough that you KNEW that statement would remind you, and YET . . . . . it’s gone. Dang it. You remain curious. — When you are older (like me) it happens from one day to the next 😀

2. El Guapo November 26, 2014 at 11:29 am #

Happy thankgsiving to you and all the Crazy Chicks everywhere!

(You had me at “boob”.)
    (Because I’m classy like that.)

• La La November 26, 2014 at 11:35 am #

Hmm, good point. That’s probably what happened to me too. Happy Thanksgiving! And thank you for the Twitter flutters the other day!!!!!

• REDdog November 26, 2014 at 8:54 pm #

Onya Guap, I was feeling alone there for a minute.

Liked by 2 people

3. Jayne November 26, 2014 at 12:14 pm #

…the cosmos I think you were going for some disparate connection most others don’t see. Happy Thanksgiving Charm City Chick.

• La La November 26, 2014 at 12:17 pm #

I like it! 😀

• La La November 26, 2014 at 12:18 pm #

Only a poet 😉

4. Carrie Rubin November 26, 2014 at 12:52 pm #

Congrats on finishing the first draft of your book! That’s wonderful. Perhaps that booby line is the first sentence of your novel? It’s certainly attention grabbing…

• La La November 26, 2014 at 1:01 pm #

Thank you. Honestly, when I was done that evening, the first thing I thought was “Carrie will be proud.” That actually happened.

I don’t have a title yet, perhaps that line can be thrown in there somehow!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

• Carrie Rubin November 26, 2014 at 1:20 pm #

I AM proud of you! Finishing a book is a great accomplishment. Happy Thanksgiving to you, too. 🙂

5. Scott November 26, 2014 at 4:10 pm #

Happy Thanksgiving, La!

6. REDdog November 26, 2014 at 9:01 pm #

…your other boob? Can’t imagine you were contemplating one without the other…a bit like contemplating Pythagorean Theory and not thinking about triangles.

7. ridicuryder November 26, 2014 at 9:53 pm #

LaSwanLa,

I suspect your smaller boob defines thousands of things in inventive and soulful ways, she probably just won’t call edamame, cranberries, almonds and pumpkin kernels granola or something like that.

I can’t make most of my wordpressing out…why did I start sticking a Swan in your name? I am somewhat suspicious Britian was involved.

RR

• La La November 26, 2014 at 10:07 pm #

I have no idea. Probably because I’m graceless. And you thought it would be funny!

• ridicuryder November 26, 2014 at 10:53 pm #

You were being sweet (maybe even graceful) in London…does this ring a bell? Anyway, I find goofy / awkward on a whole other (sublime) level of grace. You are also very funny which has honesty and this is a type of grace. Grace is forgetting yourself apparently, so this is tough – obviously I’m no expert.

I can revert back to La La if you’d prefer, even though I think you are a Swan in subtle ways.

Happy Thanksgiving !

Don’t worry…I won’t slide any turkey your way.

8. Trent Lewin November 26, 2014 at 10:44 pm #

I’m not touching that boob line with a ten-foot pole, and that’s a fact!

Sooooooo…. finished a draft of a book, eh… spill the beans! Give some details already! And congratulations, that is a monumental effort.

• La La November 26, 2014 at 11:55 pm #

Honestly, you secretly helped. Thank you! I will share details soon!

• La La November 27, 2014 at 12:06 am #

I emailed you, PS!

• Trent Lewin November 30, 2014 at 8:53 pm #

I just saw it… will respond in a shake.

9. pastramibasket November 28, 2014 at 7:59 pm #

“Your smaller boob doesn’t define distance when explaining perspective to children in an art class.”

• La La November 29, 2014 at 3:44 pm #

Yup. This was definitely it!

10. talesfromthemotherland November 29, 2014 at 3:43 pm #

Your smaller boob doesn’t … look funny next to everyone els’s bigger boobs. Thanks for that Lala; it’s been bothering me! 😉

11. Kourtney Heintz January 8, 2015 at 4:35 pm #

Congrats on finishing a first draft. I love that blog post title but I agree, if you meant you, you’d have written it. So you must have been looking for more. Maybe doesn’t define your authenticity? 🙂

Comments are closed.